Happy Monday, friends! Remember that cutest baby contest that I entered my daughter in? Don’t you remember? I was harassing you about it? Ahh, yes. THAT contest. Well, good news! She won! And it’s all thanks to you! Thank you all for voting 🙂
Now, like I promised, here is a healthy recipe! After my 12 days of holiday treats, new years, and my addiction to carbs…it’s about time I put something green in my mouth. And by green I mean nutritious. And this certainly is. Made with quinoa, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, low fat salami, swiss cheese, and low fat balsamic dressing. Seriously so easy. If you don’t like some of the ingredients in here, just swap them out. Who knew you could do that, right? If you’re going to put in the effort to make something healthy, you might as well like it.
And, I’m making no promises to continue posting healthy recipes. I don’t want to jinx my health food cravings.
To make this salad, start off pouring water into a small pot.
Pour in some dressing while it’s still warm and stir. I used a low fat balsamic dressing right out of the bottle, right from the store. Use one you like! Italian or greek dressing would be super yummy!
That wasn’t too hard, was it? Makes a great light lunch or side for dinner. Enjoy! 🙂
Cold Quinoa & Veggie Salad
Yield 4 servings
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 whole cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup cubed swiss cheese
- 1 cup sliced low fat salami
- 3 tablespoons low fat balsamic dressing
- In a small pot, stir water, quinoa and salt together. Cover and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer until water has been absorbed, about 20 minutes. After it's cooked, pour into large bowl to cool slightly. After 5 minutes, pour in chopped veggies, meat and cheese. Toss with dressing and refrigerate until completely chilled. Serve.