Hey guys! This morning I’m going to be on AM Northwest demo-ing this tried and true family favorite! It’s a recipe I posted way back in June last year that my family gobbled right up! It’s a great go-to meal when you’re short on time…which I seem to be ALL the time.
I’ll be posting the video once I have it incase you missed it! Until then, here’s the printable. Have a great weekend! 🙂
Update: here’s the video!
AM Northwest and Cheesy Taco Pasta
Cheesy taco pasta is a great go-to meal when you're in a hurry and your family will love it.
- 1 lb. ground beef I used 80/20
- 1 packet taco seasoning reduced sodium is a good idea
- 1 1/2 cups southwest salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 lb. pasta
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring water to boil to cook the pasta. Salt it and cook pasta until al dente.
While the pasta is cooking, in a large skillet, cook ground beef, breaking apart as you go. Once thoroughly cooked, drain meat and run under hot water to remove any fat. Wipe out pan with paper towel and place back on heat.
Pour cooked beef into hot pan with taco seasoning, salsa and water. Simmer until pasta is finished cooking.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain well and pour into skillet. Top with cheese, cream, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese melts and noodles are coated in sauce. Serve immediately.
A lot of people have told me that this recipe tends to be very salty because of the taco seasoning. I have found that the brand of taco seasoning does matter! On tv and at home, I tried this with McCormick low sodium taco seasoning and it was perfect. So, try to look for that brand. If you can't find that, then don't salt your pasta water or add any additional salt at the end.