Wow, is it hard to find a decent, clean and affordable apartment! We’ve been scouring at least 4 different small towns and we’ve only found 1 absolutely perfect place. We’ll have to wait and see if our application is chosen, but until then, how about making another MONSTER cake? This time with all the flavors and ingredients from a Banoffee pie! This is so good and so easy to make! I just can’t believe it. Just like the chocolate version, you’ll need cake, pudding, cream cheese, and whipped cream. The fillings are just about up to you, but to make it the banoffee way, I added in sliced bananas, crumbled shortbread cookies and toffee bits. A little different from the traditional English pie, but still the same flavors and a little more fun to eat! Give it a try sometime and impress your friends after having spent 10 minutes putting these little cakes together! I take full responsibility for any weight you may gain from consuming this dessert. You’re welcome.
Banoffee MONSTER Cakes
- 1 white or yellow cake mix
- 1 small box chocolate pudding
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream whipped
- 1-8 oz. package cream cheese at room temperature
- 3-4 bananas sliced
- 1 cup prepared toffee bits I used heath bar bits found in the baking section at the store
- 12-15 shortbread cookies crumbled
- Prepare cake mix according to packaged directions. Bake on greased cookie sheet with high sides for half the time the directions say (for me that was 15 minutes at 350, but check your instructions). Cool and set aside. For the chocolate cream cheese mousse: In large bowl, whisk milk and pudding together until smooth. Set aside to thicken. In stand mixer, whip cream cheese until light and fluffy. Slowly add in pudding to cream cheese to combine. Turn machine off, scrape sides of bowl and whip again to ensure no lumps are in the mixture. Continue the scrape-mix method until the chocolate pudding mix is smooth, creamy and lump free. Fold in whipped cream. Store in fridge until ready to assemble. For assembly: Cut cake into 3-4 inch squares. Cut each individual square in half horizontally to create 2 skinny pieces of cake. Top with sliced bananas, creamy chocolate filling, crumbled shortbread cookies and toffee bits. Repeat this process again to create 2 layers. You can make as many layers as you want, hence they become MONSTERS. So good!
- You could turn this recipe into cupcakes, a trifle or even a frozen cake! Try it! You'll like it!- If your cream cheese isn't at room temperature, you'll have a lumpy creamy filling. If you don't mind it lumpy then disregard this tip!