This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Beef and Broccoli
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1.5 pounds bottom round steak, thinly sliced found at super walmart
For the Marinade:
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
For the Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic I ended up adding four cloves of garlic because I really like garlic, but this is up to you!
Marinate the Beef
- Place beef into the freezer for 15 minutes. This is an optional step that will help you cut it a little easier. While beef is freezing, stir all ingredients for marinating liquid together. Remove meat from freezer and cut into thin strips across the grain. Toss in marinating liquid and set aside for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Prep your broccoli by cutting into florets and steaming until crisp tender. You can do this on the stove with a steamer basket or arrange on a large microwave safe dinner plate, add 1/4 cup cold water, cover with plastic wrap leaving a portion open and not tucked to vent and microwave 2-3 minutes or until steamed to your liking.
- In a liquid measuring cup, stir chicken broth together with soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Set aside.
- Heat a large wok or nonstick skillet over medium high heat to high heat. Add vegetable oil and garlic and cook 20 to 30 seconds. Add in beef, marinade and all and cook until browned and almost thoroughly cooked. A little pink here and there is fine. Add in steamed broccoli (drain if necessary before adding to the pan) and sauce. Cook another 2-3 minutes and serve with rice.