This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Chicken Parmesan Spaghetti
- 7 oz Spaghetti I used Barilla Protein+
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 pound ground turkey I used 99% fat free
- salt & pepper to taste
- 24 oz Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Marinara I used 1 jar of Classico
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese I used Lucerne brand
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/4 cup Seasoned Italian Breadcrumbs
- fresh basil for garnish, optional
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti according to package directions and drain.
- While pasta is cooking, spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place on medium heat. Add in chopped onion, ground turkey, salt and pepper. Break meat apart as it cooks. After 5 minutes, onions should be tender and the turkey should be fully cooked. Stir in marinara sauce, onion powder and dried basil. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Taste sauce and adjust seasonings. Toss with cooked spaghetti and shredded mozzarella cheese until coated in sauce and melty cheese.
- In a small nonstick skillet, melt butter and toast breadcrumbs 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Divide pasta into four even portions, top with 1 tablespoon toasted breadcrumbs each and fresh basil (optional). Serve immediately.