This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion chopped
- 4 oz fresh mushrooms sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 1/2 cups frozen vegetables
- 1/2 pound Russet potatoes diced into 1-inch pieces
- 12 oz rotisserie chicken shredded, skin and bones discarded
- 1 cup fat free evaporated milk
- In a large pot, spray pot with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Sauté onion and mushrooms until mostly tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper as they cook. Add in all purpose flour and stir to cook out the raw flour taste (it won't all absorb and this is totally fine and normal).
- Whisk in chicken broth, poultry seasoning and tarragon. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer. Add in frozen vegetables and diced potatoes. Cook 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Stir in chicken and evaporated milk. Cook another 2 minutes to heat through, then divide into bowls and serve.