This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Easy Quiche Recipe is made with Chicken Sausage and Asparagus and turns out effortlessly gorgeous as well as so so tasty! Enjoy!
It was only after I was out of the house that I realized the versatility and beauty of the Quiche. You can add quite literally whatever you want to it, crack a few eggs into the mix and that’s dinner! Easy peasy. Especially if you buy the frozen store-bought shells. Seriously 5 minutes of prep and bake that sucker off. Quiche also has that va-va-va-voom factor going for it too: It looks and sounds fancy so when you’re throwing a dinner party, baby shower, etc.
But First, What is Quiche?
Quiche is a breakfast tart! Pie crust usually filled with veggies, protein, cheese, and most importantly eggs, then baked to perfection. The results? Melt in your mouth, moist, savory heaven. I’m not even exaggerating, friends. Find out for yourself with my quiche recipe!
Ingredients for this Quiche Recipe
Simple ingredients come together to make this amazing quiche recipe. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Pie Crust – I used my all-butter pie crust recipe, but feel free to use this other pie crust recipe or just buy store-bought!
- Onion and Butter – onions are sauteed in butter for the base flavors.
- Chicken Sausage – I used Al Fresco’s chicken sausage as my protein. I started buying these 6 months ago. They are FAB.U.LOUS!! Precooked, healthy, gluten-free, really really really yummy and really really really versatile.
- Eggs and Heavy Cream – this mixture creates the soft tender egg filling.
- Dubliner Cheddar Cheese – a slightly sweet cheese, freshly grated. You could also just use regular cheddar.
- Asparagus – for flavor and looks. Either lay them atop like I did or chop them up and mix them in the filling.
- Salt and Pepper – don’t forget to season for the best results!
Quiche Recipe Variations
Quiche can be made in many different ways! I just so happened to use chicken sausage and asparagus for this recipe. But consider these variations:
- Veggies: spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, add veggies to your heart’s desire!
- Protein: keep the protein classic by adding breakfast staples (bacon, sausage, cubed ham) or get creative! Chicken sausage and smoked sausage are both good dinner options.
- Cheese: feta, goat cheese, mozzarella, white cheddar, swiss, or even gruyere would be so yummy to pair with other mix-ins! Although a simple cheddar always gets the job done too.
How to Make Quiche
For full details on this quiche recipe, see the printable recipe card down below.
- Start by rolling out your pie crust and fit it into your tart shell. If you don’t have one of these handy 10″ tart pans, just use a pie plate. No big deal 🙂 Set this aside in the fridge while we do the other steps.
- Grab a few asparagus spears and steam them up until they’re crisp-tender. I just threw mine into the microwave for 3 minutes. Once the asparagus is cooked, drain off the water and top with a little ice. This will stop the cooking process and keep them bright green.
- While the asparagus is cooking, saute a few onions in some butter.
- Now onto the chicken sausages… open the package and chop up 2 links. You’re also gonna want to grate some cheese.
- Take that cooked onion and throw it into a bowl. Add the chopped sausages, half the grated cheese, some eggs, some cream, and some s&p. Mix this up and that’s your filling.
- Pour it all into that tart shell, top with the remaining cheese, and add the asparagus. Doesn’t this look so good? I’m dying 1000 deaths right now.
- Bake! I covered mine with foil for the first half and removed it so the cheese and edges could brown up.
Like so. Doesn’t this look purdy? Talk about impressive.
Aaaaaaaaand the best part: it tastes good too! My husband almost ate this whole thing before I could snap this picture.
More Savory Breakfast Recipes to Try!
If you liked this quiche recipe, be sure to check out my other savory breakfast recipes too!
The printable recipe card is below, enjoy!
Easy Quiche Recipe
- 10 inch tart shell unbaked (1 pie shell)
- 3/4 cup onion diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 chicken sausages diced, such as Al Fresco
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups grated dubliner cheddar cheese such as Kerry Gold
- 1/3 lb asparagus spears
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small skillet, melt butter and sauté onions over medium heat until tender and lightly browned, 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Bend asparagus spears one by one to snap the bottom stalky parts off. Place into a shallow bowl and top with a little cold water. Microwave 1-3 minutes until crisp and tender. Drain and top with ice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, place cooked onions, diced sausage, half the cheese, eggs, cream, salt, and pepper. Stir. Pour into tart shell. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and top with asparagus spears. Bake covered with foil 15 minutes. Remove foil and finish baking another 5-10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes before serving.