Chocolate MONSTER Cakes
- 1 boxed chocolate cake mix german chocolate, devils food, any kind!
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 small package vanilla pudding
- 1-8 oz. package cream cheese at room temperature
- 24 Oreos crushed
Make cake mix batter according to packaged directions. (Instead of oil, I used low fat sour cream and it was delicious!) Spread melted butter to coat cookie sheet (with high sides). Pour prepared batter into pan and spread evenly. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, give or take 3 minutes until cake tester comes out clean. Let cool 10-15 minutes at least. The cake can be made in advance!
For the creamy filling: In a large bowl, whip vanilla pudding with milk until smooth and set aside to set. In large stand mixer, whip heavy cream until firm peaks form. Scrape out of bowl and set aside. Using same bowl, whip room temperature cream cheese about 1 minute to smooth out. With machine on, slowly pour vanilla pudding into cream cheese. Once all pudding is in the bowl, scrape down the sides and whip again until smooth. Fold whipped cream into pudding cream cheese mixture until incorporated.
For assembly: Cut cake into 3-4 inch squares. Cut each individual square in half horizontally to create 2 skinny pieces of cake. Spoon some creamy filling onto one half of cake. Top with Oreo crumbs and remaining piece of cake. Top cake with more cream and Oreo crumbs.
- You could turn this recipe into cupcakes, a trifle or even a frozen cake! Try it! You'll like it!- If your cream cheese isn't at room temperature, you'll have a lumpy creamy filling. If you don't mind it lumpy then disregard this tip!