This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Crockpot Beef Stew
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 2 pounds bottom round roast cut into bite size pieces against the grain
- 1 pound carrots peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1 envelope Beefy Onion Soup Mix about 4 tablespoons
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1.5 pounds Baby Dutch Yellow Potatoes Cut so all potatoes are about the same size; I used Melissa's brand
- 1.5 tablespoons salted butter softened
- 1.5 tablespoons all purpose flour
- slow cooker or crockpot
- Into the bottom of a cold crockpot, add in onion, pieces of beef, carrots, onion soup mix, salt, pepper, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaves and dried thyme. Cover and cook on low heat for 3 1/2 hours.
- Add in potatoes for the last 1 1/2-2 hours of cooking.
- To thicken the gravy, stir butter and flour together to create a paste and melt that into the cooking liquid in the crockpot. After about 15 minutes, the gravy should thicken slightly.
- Remove bay leaves, divide evenly between six bowls and serve hot.