This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Crockpot Chicken Taco Meat
This Crockpot Chicken Taco Meat Recipe is a super simple and very flavorful way to make healthy shredded chicken! Makes a great protein to add into any taco, burrito, enchilada, quesadilla or salad!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1.25 oz. taco seasoning packet 1/4 cup
- 4.5 oz. mild diced green chiles 1 can
- 1 1/2 cups mild salsa I used Pace thick and chunky
- Place all ingredients into a crockpot and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until chicken is cooked thoroughly and will shred easily.
- Remove chicken from crockpot and shred, removing any fat or gristle.
- Place back into the crockpot and stir with remaining cooking liquid. Cover and keep warm in the crockpot until ready to serve.
The more accurate macros for 1 serving (1/8th of recipe or approximately 3.5 oz. portion) are as follows: 141 calories, 2.5g F/4.6g C/21.8g P.
Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 896mg | Potassium: 577mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 704IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg