This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Bored of plain old roasted chicken? Try using my homemade Chicken Seasoning! This is a simple spice blend using salt, pepper, onion powder, poultry seasoning and paprika for a simple, delicious, extremely versatile recipe that makes any cut of chicken delicious.
Chicken Seasoning | Make Delicious Chicken
Since it’s the beginning of the year and many of us are trying to eat a little healthier, I thought I’d post a recipe for a basic chicken seasoning that makes any kind of chicken reek of deliciousness. The flavor profile of this spice blend isn’t super strong any which way, it simply just makes your chicken taste delicious. The poultry seasoning is a classic and obvious choice while the onion powder adds umami and paprika for flavor. I used smoked paprika, but original or hot Hungarian would work too. It’s totally up to you.
Main Ingredients Needed
You only need 5 ingredients to get some of the best tasting chicken! Easy to find, common spices here, folks. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Salt + Black Pepper – all good seasonings start with these two.
- Onion Powder – a fragrant spice that adds great flavor.
- Poultry Seasoning – a classic choice for a chicken seasoning. Poultry seasoning typically has sage, rosemary, marjoram and thyme.
- Paprika – or smoked paprika! This gives some great color and flavor.
You’ll also need a small airtight container to keep your chicken seasoning it once it’s all blended. I used a glass spice jar with a sealed lid, but a small tupperware container works just as well, too.
How to Use Chicken Seasoning
There’s not much to this recipe, I told you it was the easiest ever! Simply mix together the ingredients, blot then season chicken and bake. For full details including increments, see the recipe card down below!
Step 1: Make the Blend
In a small bowl, stir all ingredients together for the seasoning blend until they are well mixed.
Step 2: Season the Chicken
Blot both sides of chicken breasts dry with paper towels and place on foil-lined baking sheets that have been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Sprinkle both sides of chicken with seasoning blend.
Step 3: Bake Your Chicken
Bake at 375 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until the internal temperature registers at 165 degrees F.
Serve warm or bring to room temperature, cube, and store in the refrigerator as meal prepped chicken to serve with salads, etc.
What Kind of Chicken Should I Roast with This Seasoning?
If you look in the recipe card below, you’ll see I use the super common boneless, skinless chicken breasts. While that is an obvious choice, chicken thighs are delicious roasted bone in with the skin on. It keeps it really moist. Also, chicken legs (or drumsticks) are just as good and typically one of the cheaper cuts of chicken you can buy. See my recipe post all about cooking chicken legs here.
Best Sides for Perfectly Seasoned Chicken
I have so many side dishes on my site that I’ve tested and collected over the years, but here are some of my favorites that work really well with chicken.
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Buttery Corn Casserole
- Easiest Baked Potatoes
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Broccoli Salad
Chicken Seasoning is such a great blend of spices and herbs to have on hand. Use it on chicken, pork or even salmon!
The printable recipe card is below, enjoy 🙂
Easiest Chicken Seasoning Ever
- In a small bowl, stir all ingredients together for the seasoning blend until they are well mixed.
- Blot both sides of chicken breasts dry with paper towels and place on foil lined baking sheets that have been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with seasoning blend and bake at 375 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until the internal temperature registers at 165 degrees F. Serve warm or bring to room temperature, cube and store in refrigerator as meal prepped chicken to serve with salads, etc..