This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Greek Shrimp Scampi Recipe is a twist on a traditional classic. Sauteed shrimp with lemon, artichoke, and feta all over angel hair pasta!
I made a super awesome and deliciously easy dinner incorporating some of my favorite things: pasta, shrimp, lemon, garlic, and herbs. It clearly doesn’t take much to keep my tummy happy. This Shrimp Scampi Recipe can be done and ready to go in about 30 minutes, if not less. Shrimp is one of the fastest proteins to cook and angel hair pasta is also a speedy Gonzales ingredient to whip up. So what are you waiting for?
Shrimp Scampi Recipe Ingredients
The ingredients needed for this Shrimp Scampi Recipe are simple ones, all packed full of flavor! Here’s what you need:
- Angel Hair Pasta – this pasta cooks up super fast so make sure you set a timer for it. You can also use linguine noodles for this recipe.
- Garlic and Herb Saute Express Starter – you can find this at your local grocery store in a purple box (this is what it looks like). Alternatively, you can use a mixture of butter, olive oil, and herbs to saute as well.
- Onions and Shrimp – both of these are sauteed in the garlic herb mix! So good and so flavorful! Be sure to clean and devein the shrimp before cooking.
- Artichoke Hearts and Tomatoes – I used marinated artichoke hearts and cut up some fresh tomatoes. But you could always switch out fresh tomatoes for sun-dried tomatoes.
- Lemon Juice and Lemon Slices – lemon juice brightens this recipe while lemon slices are for show and are optional.
- Heavy Cream – I would recommend sticking to heavy cream and not half & half for this recipe. It’s thicker and yields a better sauce.
- Salt and Pepper – season to taste!
- Feta Cheese – Costco sells feta cheese for a good price! Perfectly Greek and scrumptious!
- Parsley – used as an optional garnish!
Make this shrimp scampi recipe your own by switching out different ingredients and customizing to your heart’s desire. Here are a couple of ideas to get you started:
- Protein: try switching out shrimp for scallops, crab, or lobster for a different type of flavor!
- Veggies: take some Greek ingredient pointers from this Greek Salad. Cucumbers, olives, and red onions are all staples.
- Artichoke: if you don’t like artichoke but are still looking for a healthy green, consider spinach!
How to Make Shrimp Scampi
This shrimp scampi recipe really is an easy one! Boil pasta, saute onions and shrimp, then toss with all the other ingredients. For full details see the recipe card down below.
- Get your water boiling and your pasta cooking. Then grab your Garlic & Herb Sauté Express® Sauté Starter and get it melting in a big skillet with high sides. Be sure to melt the squares over medium heat.
- Anyways, you’re going to want to cook your onions down and then add in your shrimp until pink and cooked through!
- To avoid overcooking, remove from the heat and then add in your artichoke hearts, diced tomatoes, cooked pasta, and cream.
- Toss it all together, top with feta cheese and parsley and that’s dinnah!
It’s easy, tangy, creamy, and light! Perfect for spring and easy enough for the humongously pregnant to pull off. Virtual high fives for that!
- Classic Shrimp Scampi
- Sriracha Brown Sugar Garlic Shrimp
- Antipasto Grilled Shrimp Salad
- Easy Shrimp and Grits
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
If you liked this Greek Shrimp Scampi Recipe you are sure to love these other shrimp recipes too!
The printable recipe card is below 🙂
Greek Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 3/4 lb angel hair pasta
- 6 cubes Garlic & Herb Saute Express Saute Starter
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 lb peeled & deveined shrimp tails removed
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- lemon slices
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- parsley for garnish
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Cook angel hair pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, melt Garlic and Herb Saute Express Saute Starter in a deep skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and cook until pink, another 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in artichoke hearts, tomatoes, lemon juice, cream, lemon slices, salt, pepper and cooked pasta. Toss to coat pasta in sauce.
- Top with feta cheese and parsley. Serve warm.