This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Jalapeno Cornbread Waffles
- 1 1/5 cups dry cornbread mix I used Marie Calendar's
- 1/2 cup creamed corn
- 4 tablespoons liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk I used fairlife
- 1/2 cup whey protein powder I used Bob's Red Mill
- 2 oz grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 jalapeno finely chopped (add more or less, depending how spicy you like it)
- Preheat a Belgian waffle iron. In a large bowl, whisk cornbread mix together with creamed corn, liquid egg whites, milk and protein powder without over beating. Gently fold in grated cheese and chopped jalapeno.
- Spray the hot waffle iron with cooking spray. Add 3/4 cup batter to the iron and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute. The trick to keeping these tender (and not dry) is not overcooking them. Regular waffle batter takes several minutes, but this should be ready to go enjoy after 1 minute. It might take a little practice to get them to where you want them, but if they happen to be a little dry, add a little extra sugar free syrup. Yum!Recipe will make 4 waffles.