Happy Monday, everybody! Did you all have a good weekend? I had a pretty good one–it was filled with sleeping, relaxing, a family get together, church going and a great 9 mile run. AND, it didn’t rain on me! Lately, that never happens! I certainly got lucky Saturday morning! Recently, my daughter has been freaking out because we can’t play outside because it’s been so wet and miserable! So she had a great weekend too!
Remember on Twitter when I said I was off sugar indefinitely? WELL, that lasted only a few days because my niece and two nephews dropped by and wanted to make some cookies with me! We put our heads together and these humungous babies are what we came up with! Let me tell you these will not disappoint–especially hot out of the oven with a glass of milk!
These are really easy to make and definitely really easy to eat! All you do is make peanut butter cookie dough and stir in chocolate chips and a bunch of chopped up peanut butter cups! Then you roll the dough out into the size of a golf ball, press them down with a fork to get that cool peanut butter cookie look and bake! You will be amazed at how big they get! All of ours were about 3-4 inches across once baked! My niece, nephews, husband and daughter were in heaven! My husband is a HUGE chocolate and peanut butter fan, so he went crazy over these. My niece and nephews go crazy over peanut butter cookies as is, so when I mentioned stirring in chocolate chips AND leftover Halloween candy, they went a little crazy too! Of course my daughter will eat anything sweet, so she loved them too! A big hit all around.
A quick side note: I did some experimenting with the baking temperatures and times. Make sure to see my notes below on how to get a chewier softer cookie and a crunchier cookie! You can make them exactly how you like them! Not too shabby for a Monday morning post! Hope you and your family can find the time to make these delicious cookies because they are ones everyone is sure to love!
Jumbo Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Jumbo peanut butter cup cookies start with a delicious peanut butter cookie dough and bump up the deliciousness with the addition of chocolate chips and chopped up peanut butter cups!
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 10 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups unwrapped and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 or 375 (see note below*). In large bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Stir in vanilla extract and eggs. Incorporate salt, baking soda and flour together into dough until all ingredients are moist. Stir in chocolate chips and chopped peanut butter cups.
- Roll cookies out between the palms of your hands to be the size of golf balls. Place 6 cookie dough balls on a lightly greased baking sheet and using a fork, press down to make a cross hatch pattern.
- For chewier and softer cookies, bake at 350 degrees for 11-12 minutes.
- For crunchier cookies with slightly soft centers, bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes.