Hi, friends! Did you guys have a good weekend? I sure did! Complete with more celebrations and fattening food. Sunday was a little anniversary of sorts: August 1st is the day that my husband asked me to marry him! (So glad I said yes! He’s wonderful!) Anyways, we were eating pretty rotten stuff over the weekend so to lighten things up, I’ll be making this salad today and probably tomorrow! Last week, I ate this salad three times for lunch. It’s so easy and delicious.
Don’t let the apples fool you. Their sweet taste and crunchy texture are perfect with the rest of these ingredients. I used to be an apple in salad hater once upon a time, but I took a bold move a few weeks ago and tried it and ended up loving it! Also, this salad ends up being a great option for those hot muggy days and it’s very low in carbs so it’s good for your waist line.
Give it a whirl and let me know what you think! And, don’t forget to check out my updated links/pages above!
New Favorite Salad
My favorite salad is full of fresh ingredients like spinach, apple, parmesan cheese, and more. The freshness really pops when you top it with this maple balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
for the salad-
- 2 cups lettuce or baby spinach
- 2 slices garlic & herb deli turkey
- 2 tablespoons toasted chopped pecans
- 1/3 fuji apple diced
- 1-2 tablespoons shaved parmesan cheese
for the dressing-(makes enough for large dinner salad)
- 1 clove garlic finely minced - if I was making this for my husband, I'd do half a clove--its garlicy stuff
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup honey or something sweet
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup light flavored olive oil or canola oil
- Pour all ingredients for dressing into a leak proof container or into the bottom of a bowl. Shake or whisk until dressing has emulsified. Set aside.
- Make salad by placing all ingredients into a bowl or onto a large plate. Top with desired amount of dressing.