Since I like to procrastinate in getting the last few details of this move together and I google all things New York late into the night (a bad habit!!) I decided a few weeks ago to start a Family NYC Bucket List. Actually, it started with my kids asking questions about our new home and sort of evolved into a bedtime ritual in place of a story (because all the books are packed).
“Tell us something else we can do in New York!”
Explain explain explain.
So, here is what we have on our list so far. Please tell us more if you have other ideas!
NYC Bucket List
- Skate at Rockefeller Center at Christmas Time
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Jimmy Fallon
- Horse-Drawn Carriage ride through Central Park
- Rent a boat in Central Park and paddle around
- Take Gordon to Levain Bakery for my very favorite chocolate pb cookie!!
- Statue of Liberty (Brooke is dying to go!)
- Top of the Rock
- Museum of Natural History
- Take family photos on the Brooklyn Bridge and in Central Park
- Lego Store (This is Blake’s favorite bedtime ‘story’!!)
- Empire State Building
- Katz Deli
- Go to a Yankees Game
- Water Parks around the city
- NYC Public Library
- See the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall
- See Hamilton and as many Broadway shows as possible!!
- Get an authentic NYC bagel
- Try all the pizza!!
- Go to the Seinfeld restaurant (Gordie’s favorite show!)
- Eat all.the.things in Little Italy
- Shop in Soho + Chelsea + all the cute little neighborhoods
- Visit Santa at Macy’s at Herald Square
- Enjoy frozen hot chocolate at the original Serendipity
- Black and White cookies!! Yes please!!
- Buy dishes from Fishs Eddy
- Go into the Flatiron Building
- Grand Central Station for Blake!!
- Take a helicopter tour of the city (for all the boys in the family)
- Go to the 9/11 memorial on 9/11
- Meet Gord for lunch in the city just outside his office! How romantical!
- Visit Union Square
- Run into a celebrity…we’re not picky!
- Have a real NYC brunch somewhere amazing
- See an SNL taping
- See a game at Madison Square Garden
- Walk through Times Square with the kiddos!
- Get hot chocolate at Bouchon Bakery (so amazing)
- CONEY ISLAND!
- Order Chinese at 2am BECAUSE I CAN
- Washington Square Park
- Chelsea Market
- Take Trapeze Lessons!
- Find those colorful bagels in Brooklyn
- Buy something from Tiffany’s (ahem….Gordon)
- Central Park Zoo, of course!
- Go to Zabar’s
- Travel to the Hamptons/Montauk during the summer and get a vacation rental
- Go to a performance at Lincoln Center
That’s what we have so far…but always looking for more recommendations!!
Thanks, friends!! We are getting pretty darn excited to live in this big and busy city! More to come soon! xo