This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Well back again to Monday! I tell you, these weeks are flying by! Before we know it, it’ll be Christmas and snow will be on the ground! Hopefully that is still a few weeks away for us Oregonians! I know for some of you, the snow thing already happened….before Halloween! Crazy! Speaking of Halloween, are you all sugared out? I know I am! No more sweets for me for a long time! Are you ready to find out what our costumes were for Halloween?
We were my in-laws! I suppose this photo makes no sense if you don’t know what they look like, so here are some others to give you an idea of how eerie this was (especially Gord!):
See what I mean about eerie! At the Halloween party we went to, many people thought Gordon was wearing a wig, but oh no! He had to go all out and shave his head to make it look more natural! This photo makes me worried for the future of his hair, to say the least! Anyways, we had fun getting dressed for Halloween and hopefully you all had a great night with family and/or friends.
Well today, I decided to post something savory and without pumpkin! A nice change from last week’s Halloween Treats! These delicious pizza pockets pack a delicious and flavorful punch and are so easy to make! I took a few more photos of the process so you’d get the idea. All you do is roll out some pizza dough into a large rectangle and cut into 4 long skinny pieces. Spread the pizza sauce out and then top with whatever toppings you’d like. I just did a whole lot of pepperoni and cheese, but it’s really up to you what you fill yours with. Then you roll them up and bake! See? Easy!
These end up being a pretty hearty and hefty serving size, but nothing I can’t handle. It’s probably hard to tell in the photo that these babies end up being ooey gooey cheesy bites of deliciousness with nuggets of pepperoni! And I could hardly contain my excitement when these were baking! The house smelled so good! I actually burned my mouth biting into one of these suckers. (It was worth it, fyi!) And, believe it or not, these could be a really quick weeknight meal if you buy pre-made dough, prepared pizza sauce, sliced pepperoni and pre-shredded cheese! Who doesn’t love a good pizza all rolled up in a cute little roll? Yum! We all loved these–especially my little one, so that means you all will too! Happy eating, friends!
Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3.5 oz sliced pepperoni 1 package
- 2/3 cup prepared pizza sauce
for the topping (optional) --
- olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- garlic salt
- parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Roll pizza dough into a 12x18 inch rectangle and cut into 4 strips width wise (so you'd end up with 4 pieces of dough that are 4 1/2 inches x 12 inches). Divide pizza sauce between all 4 slices and spread, leaving a 1/4 inch border approximately. Shingle the slices of pepperoni on top of the sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup per pizza roll) and cheddar cheese (2 tablespoons per roll).
- Roll up each piece of dough and place on prepared baking sheet seem side down. Press the open edges down to seal. (It doesn't have to be perfect and it's ok if some of the sauce leaks out).
- If desired, brush tops of dough with olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, garlic salt and parsley flakes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden and bottoms are brown. Serve warm with more pizza sauce for dipping.