This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
How’s it going?
I’m doing pretty well too. For some reason I’ve been gaining energy and I’m not quite sure why. Maybe it’s because my ‘things to get done before baby’ list is as long as my arm and I have deadlines for my Ecookbook, my kitchen renovation and…oh yeah, this baby!
Things are getting busy up in here let me tell you, but I’d actually much rather be busy with a purpose than bored, wasting my days away. I think if I can make it through these next few weeks keeping my sanity in check, then I’ll be good to go!
Some things happening these last few weeks:
-baby boy has a name officially-but-still-technically-unofficially! It starts with a B!
-That’s all I’m saying for now until its 100% legit–meaning officially on the birth certificate.
-it is the name I’ve been wanting all along that my husband never wanted to agree on. I however, am a convincing woman.
-Odds are the baby’s middle name will be Gordon, so my husband can’t complain too much!
– I’m noticing more of a distinct pattern of him being awake vs asleep. His most active time is between 10:30 and 11:30 pm.
– I usually feel him right around 7 am too, almost like he’s poking me trying to get me to eat something.
-he’s still head down. He’s most comfortable with his booty resting to the right in my belly. The only problem with this is his feet are perfectly situated to kick me in the lungs. Needless to say, that is uncomfortable, especially now that he’s getting bigger and I can’t breathe half the time anyways.
-apparently, he’s about 4 pounds and 18 inches long.
– my doctor thinks he’s going to be an 8 pounder. I am concerned on a number of levels.
– I’m sleeping pretty well and pretty soundly for the most part which is awesome. Better enjoy it while it lasts!
– I’ve been noticing more leg and foot cramps, especially in the mornings. Charlie horses are the worst things ever.
– I’m debating having a natural childbirth versus getting an epidural. Either way, I’d have this kid at the hospital. I actually practiced hypnobirthing with my first pregnancy….but, went into labor at 11pm at night and was already exhausted before I began. Soooo, yeah. That didn’t work out. Still thinking about it though.
-I got a few more maternity outfits at H&M and they are the most comfy outfits ever! I highly recommend their maternity clothes.
-I was looking into placenta encapsulation and thoroughly grossed my husband out whilst showing him pictures of the process. It was hilariously awesome. I chuckle every time I think of him.
-I’m so mean.
1. Do your husbands get grossed out easily?
2. Any of you push out larger babies? If so, how did that go? My mother says the weight of the baby doesn’t matter as much as the head size when it comes to pushing. Thoughts?
3. Do you have any tricks on staying comfortable while sleeping and keeping back pain at bay? I don’t have these problems yet, but remember I got them with my first pregnancy.