This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Here’s what’s going on in my head today!
1. My husband got a pretty sweet job a few months back and one of the perks was a free costco membership. Why yes I do need 200 razor blades, 17 pounds of ground beef and 36 dozen freshly baked cookies. Why do you ask?
2. I’m turning over a new leaf and am only going to be making 1 dessert/sweet treat a week.
3. Of course if I make one and it doesn’t quite meet my sweet tooth expectations, I will be allowed to make it again.
4. So basically you can just cross off #2.
5. My little girl really likes to sneak into our bed in the middle of the night–totally unbeknownst to us. We wake up and have no recollection of how she got there.
6. I’ve decided we need to build a fence around our bed. Or maybe hers?
7. She has also turned into a good boundary tester. Some memorable quotes from the week include: “No Mommy THESE are your options” “No, I’m the boss” and “No, we should eat popsicles.”
8. I’ve been literally been dreaming of this stuff. It’s sooooo good with ciabatta. Please make this. With a side of these. And these.
9. Aaaaand now I’m hungry.
10. Flights are so *insert expletive* expensive! We have many-a-place to go this year including international flights across the country to eastern Canada around Christmas. Yeah. Think $1500….PER PERSON! What are our chances at scoring free flights? “Dear Air Canada, let me start by saying you look great! Have you lost weight?”
10. I may or may not sell my first born…..
11. I’m kind of very much obsessed with World Market. I’d say I’d want to live there but that sounds sort of creepy in the homeless person kind of way, but you get my drift, yes? Gorgeous dishes, lovely napkins, hefty furniture, yummy food….basically a food bloggers mecca if you will.
12. Which reminds me, I need to go to World Market.
13. And Costco.
Enjoy your weekend 🙂
just stumbled upon your blog. you writing is so funny! love it! you put a smile on my face 🙂
I am a Canadian and well aware of the RIDICULOUS cost of travel to our and within our country. As a result, we check flights from Buffalo (2.5 hrs from us) and find it’s alot cheaper. My suggestion would be to fly to Bangor Maine and rent a car. And I’ve just realized I’m probably sounding very bossy and you’re probably rolling your eyes and saying… DUH… already checked that out. In which case, sorry!. (I’m a professional apologizer… I have my degree! hahaah)
Hope you find something affordable!
I’m full on obsessed with World Market. The linens alone slay me everytime. And half of my jeans are from Costco. Calvin Kleins’ for $25? Hecks to the yes.
I recently came across your blog and have loved several of your recipes! Yummy!
I don’t normally leave comments but the one today just brought back so many memories of my own journey with young children. (My twins are 12 and my baby is 7!) 🙁
Oh your sweet precious girl. Love the sleeping pic! We used to have a child that would LOVE to sneak in our room at night. It is very frustrating when mamma’s sleep got interrupted. We used to make a little ‘pallet’ next to our bed that when she got afraid she could come and sleep on the floor next to us. It was a comfort to her and she eventually didn’t feel the need to come in anymore.
Hang in there. You are a great mama and these days will seem like a dream in the not too distant future. Enjoy them and love on them and squeeze on them all you can while they are little. Soon enough the teenage years will be here! 🙂
I love how this list very much reflects my random thought path. I make lists like this……..aaaaand then change them a million times.
I am OBSESSED with Costco! I went yesterday for the first time in months and did some serious damage. Do I need a 3lb tub of hummus? Why, sure!
And the samples…!
How do kids sneak in to bed with out us parents noticing? My oldest is 5 he wiggles his way in every night. And yes flights are stupidly expensive right now I just bought tickets to fly to Ohio and the $$$ almost made me barf.
I used to crawl in my parents bed in the middle of the night too. But then my mom would get really mad because then she’d get squished in the middle and get claustrophobic. I kept doing it though.
So world market is a mecca for food bloggers? Okay time to googlemaps the nearest world market and head there tomorrow. I can’t believe I’ve never been to one. Where have I been this entire time?
We could be roomies at World Market. In that non-creepy way, of course.
Ever consider taking the train to Vancouver then flying from there? I know it would put extra time on your schedule but it is worth it financially! I often fly back to Ottawa from Vancouver instead of Seattle and save a few hundred dollars doing it. West Jet has better deals (at times) then Air Canada.
UMM love these, esp #3 and #10 haha.
Too fun; refreshing sentiments. Thanks for a look into your day and life
Ugh…and I thought $900/per person to Canada on Canada Air was awful…I guess we got a deal :/
I wish I lived close to a World Market!
Ooops I mean * Air Canada