This post is more about the frosting than anything else. Typically, most people have a good chocolate cake recipe or they just use boxed cake mixes. So, I’ll just leave it up to you to decide what you want to use. Now, as far as this fabulous frosting is concerned, you need to make this right now, or at least in a few days for your valentine! This frosting is really quick to whip up and you can make it as runny or as stiff as you like! It stays creamy and doesn’t get a hard crust if you leave it out for a little (like other frostings would). I personally don’t like to use butter in my cream cheese frostings because (a) its extra calories that don’t really add any extra flavor (b) I like to taste the cream cheese in a cream cheese frosting and (c) its EXTRA calories!!
These cute little cupcakes are great for Valentine’s Day as well as any other special occasion! I just added some heart shaped sprinkles and voila! They become these super cute bite-sized desserts that everyone will love! Not sure if you noticed in the second photo, but thats my 1 year old in the background! I made these for her birthday! She was pretty anxious to dig in, and you will be too! Find someone you love to share these with…or just keep them for yourself! YUM!
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1-8 oz. package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 lbs. powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons milk (more if you want it on the thin side, less if you want it thick!)
- Whip cream cheese with cocoa powder, powdered sugar and vanilla as best as possible. Slowly stream in the milk until its the consistency you want. Scrape sides of bowl and whip again to ensure a smooth and even texture. Stores well in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks! For the mini cupcakes, pipe frosting onto cooled chocolate (or any other flavor) cupcakes. Top with heart shaped sprinkles. They are baby approved!
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @laurens_latest on Instagram and hashtag it #laurenslatest.