This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly White Chicken Chili
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can white beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can sweet corn drained
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 oz fat free evaporated milk
- Any desired toppings: avocado, diced tomato, cheddar cheese, sour cream, cilantro, lime wedges, tortilla chips
- Spray large pot with nonstick cooking spray and sauté onions and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Add in chicken broth, whole raw chicken breasts and all seasonings. Raise temperature to medium-medium high and cover. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer until chicken breasts are fully cooked. Remove from pot, shred and add back into hot pot.
- Stir in beans and corn. In a separate bowl, whisk flour with evaporated milk until completely smooth. Add slurry into chili and increase heat to medium to bring to boil and thicken. Remove from heat and serve with any desired toppings.