Southwest Guacamole Hummus
Southwest Guacamole Hummus is a crazy creamy spicy hummus love child. Garbanzo beans, ripe avocado, garlic, jalapenos and lemon juice all make up this delicious dip!
Servings 6 servings
- 2 cups cooked or canned Garbanzo beans
- 2 Avocado peeled in half, pit removed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cold water
Bean Salad Garnish:
- 1 ripe Avocado sliced
- 1 cup cooked or canned garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice divided
- 1 ear corn kernels removed
- 1/2 jalapeno finely chopped, optional
Place garbanzo beans, avocado, salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic, cumin, and lemon juice into the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blitz until smooth, adding in water (or more olive oil) until smooth and at the consistency you desire. Spoon into bowl.
For the topping, slice avocado and place onto hummus for garnish.
In a small bowl, stir garbanzo beans together with cilantro, lemon juice, corn and jalapeno. Pour over avocado and hummus. Serve with chips, vegetables or pita.
Calories: 418kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 14mg | Potassium: 788mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 213IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 3mg