Turkey Sausage Rosemary Skewers over Parsley Pecan Couscous
Need a quick and easy dinner idea? Try out these Turkey Sausage Rosemary Skewers with Parsley Pecan Couscous! It comes together really easily and tastes great!
Servings 4 servings
for the skewers-
- 14 oz Hardwood Smoked Butterball Turkey Sausage 1 package
- 1 green bell pepper cut into large pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into large pieces
- 1 walla walla sweet onion cut into large pieces
- 1 lb white button mushrooms washed and stems trimmed
- 12 large fresh rosemary stems most of the leaves removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon all purpose seasoning such as Mrs. Dash grill seasoning for poultry
for the couscous-
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Start this recipe by preheating an outdoor grill or broiler.
Open package of Turkey Sausage and cut links into 1-inch thick pieces. Prep the rest of the veggies.
Skewer Turkey Sausage and alternating veggies onto rosemary stick. Drizzle skewers with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and seasoning. Place onto hot grill and cook until veggies are cooked to your liking and Sausage has grill marks, about 10 minutes.
While skewers are cooking, bring chicken stock to a boil. Turn off and stir in couscous, butter and salt. Cover for 5 minutes to cook couscous. Fluff with fork and stir in pecans and parsley.
Remove skewers from grill and serve with couscous.
Calories: 596kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 737mg | Potassium: 1008mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1435IU | Vitamin C: 73mg | Calcium: 134mg | Iron: 6mg