Corn, Tomato & Avocado Salad
Corn, Tomato & Avocado Salad is a healthy salad perfect for the hot summer months. Filled with fresh corn, avocados, sweet basil, cherry tomatoes, peppers and zucchini.
Servings 6 servings
- 3 ears corn
- 1 orange pepper diced
- 1 large zucchini diced
- 2 ripe avocados diced
- 16 oz roasted red peppers chopped
- 10 oz golden cherry tomatoes halved
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes halved
- .66 oz container basil chopped
for the dressing:
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar recommended: Simple Truth Organics
- 1/4 cup olive oil recommended: Kroger
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
Shuck fresh corn and wrap individually in plastic wrap. Microwave all three for 4-5 minutes. Remove from microwave and unwrap carefully. Grill (either indoors or outdoors) to char the kernels on the outside. Set aside to cool. Chop fresh ingredients and add to a large bowl. Cut kernels off of the cob and add to salad.
For the dressing, whisk all ingredients together until well combined. Pour over salad and toss. Refrigerate or serve immediately.
Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 1449mg | Potassium: 859mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1615IU | Vitamin C: 93mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 2mg