This Pear Salad is a fresh and delicious mix of lettuce, crumbled feta cheese, fresh and juicy pears, and toasted walnuts paired with a family favorite maple tarragon dressing.
Servings 4 servings
For the salad:
- 5 oz lettuce mix (1 clamshell) such as spring mix, butter lettuce, arugula, spinach, etc..
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles or blue cheese crumbles
- 1 ripe fresh pear sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted and chopped
For the Maple Tarragon dressing:
- 1 large clove garlic or 2 small
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 cup vinegar white distilled or white wine vinegar
- 1/3-1/2 cup light olive oil I like my dressing to have a stronger vinegar and garlic flavor so I use closer to 1/3 cup
- more salt & pepper to taste
For the Salad:
In a large bowl or serving platter, arrange lettuce and top with cheese, pear slices, and chopped walnuts.
Make the Dressing:
Peel and chop garlic very finely. Sprinkle salt on garlic and using the side of your knife or the back of a spoon, mash the garlic into a paste. Place garlic and salt into the bottom of a salad dressing container or small bowl.
Stir in maple syrup, tarragon and vinegar. Add oil in a constant stream while whisking, or if you're using a container with a lid, pour it all in and shake it up. You want to emulsify the dressing, or suspend the oil in the other ingredients so its evenly mixed. It'll look sort of creamy when its emulsified.
Taste and add more salt and pepper to your liking.
Drizzle salad with dressing and serve.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 305mg | Potassium: 169mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1422IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg