Spinach, Bacon & Feta Pizza with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
Spinach, Bacon & Feta Pizza with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce is full of wonderful flavors that really work together to make a uniquely delicious pizza.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 lb fresh pizza dough or enough to make a large pizza
- 12 slices bacon cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 1/3 cup homemade sun-dried tomato pesto see recipe below
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 2-3 handfuls fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese about 8 oz
- 2/3 cup feta cheese
Easy Homemade Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto By: Natalie from Perry's Plate (yield 21/2 - 3 cups):
- 2 cups oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes sliced thinly, I bought mine julienned
- 1 cup shredded fresh parmesan cheese or Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- extra-virgin olive oil as needed
Spread pizza dough out into a rimmed cookie sheet (or round pizza pan, stone, peel or whatever you usually use). Combine pesto and pizza sauce in a small bowl. Spread over stretched pizza dough. Top with fresh spinach, then mozzarella.
Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the crust is firmed up, but not yet golden brown. Remove pizza from oven and top with crumbled bacon and feta cheese. Return pizza to the oven and bake for another 5-8 minutes or so until crust is golden brown underneath and the cheese is bubbly and browning.
Remove and serve.
Calories: 746kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 48g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 1823mg | Potassium: 861mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2022IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 512mg | Iron: 5mg