This flavorful classic Minestrone Soup recipe is warm, satisfying, and packed full of nutrition. Perfect for the colder months!
Servings 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 large carrots peeled and diced
- 2 ribs celery washed and chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 15 oz dark kidney beans 1 can, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz garbanzo beans 1 can, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz tomato sauce 1 can
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes 1 can
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano or marjoram
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup short cut pasta such as shells
In a large pot, sauté onions, carrots, and celery in butter and oil over medium heat for 7-10 minutes.
Stir in water, chicken broth, beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, seasonings, and cabbage.
Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for at least 20 minutes. 10 minutes before serving, pour in pasta to cook or boil it separately.
Serve with parmesan cheese and good quality crusty bread.
Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 949mg | Potassium: 888mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 905IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 5mg