Chicken Tortilla Soup
Made with a ton of veggies and chicken this Chicken Tortilla Soup is healthy, filling, easy to make and downright delicious. Give it a try!
Servings 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion diced
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 small zucchini diced
- 2 ears sweet corn cut off the cob, or 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 15 oz. black beans 1 can drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. cannellini beans 1 can drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. tomato sauce 1 can
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 chicken breasts
- 5 corn tortillas cut into strips
- fresh cilantro if desired
- chips if desired
- sour cream if desired
- avocado etc., if desired
Place a large pot over medium heat. Sauté onion, garlic, carrot, zucchini, and corn in olive oil to soften slightly 5 minutes.
Stir in beans, tomato sauce, spices, chicken stock and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer and place whole chicken breasts into soup. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked completely. Remove from pot, shred and return to soup.
Stir in tortilla strips and cook another 10 minutes. Ladle into bowls and serve with any desired toppings.
Calories: 437kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 942mg | Potassium: 1162mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 4290IU | Vitamin C: 16.1mg | Calcium: 134mg | Iron: 5.9mg