Bang Bang Chicken
If you like the Bang Bang Chicken from The Cheesecake Factory, then this dinner is for you! Creamy, spicy, delicious and ready in 30 minutes!
Servings 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 small zucchini julienned
- 1 1/2 cups carrots sliced
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons all natural peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- peanuts for garnish, optional
- toasted coconut for garnish, optional
- brown rice for serving
In a large pot or deep skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in chicken and cook 2 minutes or until mostly cooked thoroughly.
Add in zucchini, carrot, and onion and sauté five minutes. Sprinkle in flour and cook another minute.
Add in chicken stock, salt, and pepper. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer. Liquid won't thicken very much at all--this is normal.
Stir in coconut milk, peanut butter, sugar, and spices. Simmer 5 minutes. Before serving, stir in heavy cream and peas. Cook another minute to warm peas through and serve over brown rice. Top with peanuts and toasted coconut.
Calories: 581kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 248mg | Potassium: 928mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 8600IU | Vitamin C: 25.2mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 4.9mg