Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup
The easiest, healthiest and tastiest recipe for Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup. Set it and forget it!
Servings 8 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion diced
- 1 large clove garlic grated
- 1 cup carrot diced
- 1 small zucchini diced
- 15.5 oz. sweet corn (1 can) drained
- 15 oz. black beans (1 can) drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. cannellini beans (1 can) drained and rinsed
- 10 oz. Rotel (1 can)
- 4.5 oz mild green chiles (1 small can)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 chicken breasts boneless, skinless; about 1 pound
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 5 corn tortillas cut into strips
- toppings if desired: fresh cilantro, chips, sour cream, avocado, etc.
Heat olive oil over medium heat in large skillet. Sautee onion, zucchini, carrot and garlic for 5-7 minutes or until veggies start to become tender.
Add all canned ingredients to cold crockpot.
Pour in cooked veggies.
Add in chicken stock, spices and whole raw chicken breasts. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Remove chicken, shred and return to pot with strips of corn tortillas. Cover and cook another 10-20 minutes.
Ladle into bowls and serve with any desired toppings.
Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 432mg | Potassium: 883mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 3172IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 4mg