Chicken Pasta Salad with Pecans
This Chicken Pasta Salad is the perfect lunch or side dish! It only takes about 30 minutes to pull together and will last all week!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 lb rotini I used quinoa and brown rice pasta, but regular is fine
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 2 cups red grapes halved
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 2 cups chicken cooked cubed
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
for the dressing-
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise use real mayo!!
- 1/2 cup coleslaw dressing like from the bottle...trust me!
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
Bring large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta until al dente and drain.
Place pasta, onion, celery, grapes, pecans, chicken and parley into a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk ingredients for dressing together until relatively smooth. Pour over pasta and toss.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Calories: 652kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 725mg | Potassium: 499mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 639IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 2mg