The Monica Salad
A yummy salad topped with candied walnuts, blue cheese, avocado, mushrooms, red onion and drizzled with a parsley vinaigrette.
Servings 4 side servings
For the parsley vinaigrette:
- 3 cups curly parsley loosely packed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic chopped roughly
- 1/3-1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 5 oz pre washed lettuce I used a super greens blend
- 1 ripe avocado diced
- 4 large baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped candied walnuts plain walnuts are ok too!
- 1/3 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 1 stalk celery finely diced
Place all ingredients for dressing into a high powered blender. Blitz until completely smooth. You may need to shake the blender a time or two to get things moving and drizzle in an extra tablespoon of olive oil. Once completely smooth, set aside.
For the salad, add pre washed lettuce to a large bowl. Top with remaining ingredients and then drizzle generously with dressing. Serve immediately.
Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 217mg | Potassium: 706mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 4159IU | Vitamin C: 69mg | Calcium: 137mg | Iron: 4mg