Harvest Apple Blue Cheese Salad
This Apple Blue Cheese Salad is full of caramelized almonds, blue cheese crumbles, red grapes, and topped with an apple cider maple dressing.
Servings 2 servings
- 1 bag butter lettuce
- 1 cup washed red grapes
- 2/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 large fuji apple sliced
- 1/2 cup caramelized almonds recipe below
for the dressing:
- 1 large clove garlic or 2 small, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup the real stuff is best, but the fake syrup can be added, you might just need a little more
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar white distilled or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- more salt & pepper to taste
Place all ingredients for the salad into a large bowl.
Measure out all ingredients for salad dressing into a small jar with tight-fitting lid. Screw on lid and shake. Pour desired amount of dressing onto salad and toss. Serve immediately.
*Caramelized almond recipe I used is here.
Calories: 1017kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 85g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 1217mg | Potassium: 720mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 485IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 377mg | Iron: 2mg