Southwest Salad Recipe with Chicken
This Southwest Salad Recipe is a crunchy, fresh, salty, sweet, and creamy salad perfect for dinner, parties or by itself!
Servings 4 servings
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup sweet yellow corn canned or frozen and defrosted
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 4 scallions washed and sliced, white and green parts
- 1 large romaine heart washed and chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro washed and chopped
- 2 just under ripe avocados diced
- 2 cups tortilla chips crushed
for the dressing-
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice optional
- salt & pepper to taste
In a large bowl, stir all salad ingredients together, excluding the tortilla chips and avocado.
In a small bowl, stir all dressing ingredients together until smooth.
When ready to serve, toss salad with dressing then gently stir in avocado and tortilla chips.
Calories: 912kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 60g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 819mg | Potassium: 1279mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3465IU | Vitamin C: 44.6mg | Calcium: 188mg | Iron: 4mg