Holiday Salad with Maple Bacon Dressing
To cure your Thanksgiving food hangovers, here's a tasty and light Holiday Salad that you can whip up in a flash that's perfect for lunch, dinner, or holiday parties.
Servings 6 servings
For the Salad:
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 12 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cups toasted hazelnuts chopped
- 1 whole pomegranate peeled and arils removed
For the Dressing:
- 3 Tablespoons warm bacon grease reserved from cooking the bacon
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Toss all ingredients for the salad together in a bowl.
Place all ingredients for the dressing into a small jar and shake until combined. Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve immediately.
Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 317mg | Potassium: 302mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 622IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg