Spinach Pesto Recipe with Garlic
This Spinach Pesto Recipe is made with fresh ingredients including basil, garlic and lemon juice! Perfect for pasta, soup and much more!
Servings 6 servings
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves really pack them in!
- 1 big handful fresh baby spinach
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1 cup parmigiano reggiano cheese freshly grated, I use a microplane
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice 1/2 lemon, juiced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup light olive oil or how ever much you need to get the desired consistency
Place all ingredients except for olive oil into food processor bowl.
Lock lid in place and turn the machine on. Stream olive oil into mixture until desired consistency is reached.
Serve with pasta, on pizza, on sandwiches, etc.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 275mg | Potassium: 94mg | Vitamin A: 1490IU | Vitamin C: 5.9mg | Calcium: 221mg | Iron: 0.8mg