Buttery Corn Casserole
Is there anything more comforting than a corn casserole? This slightly sweet and savory side dish is a 1-bowl, quick, fix it and forget it wonder that is perfect to serve at Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas or any weeknight.
Servings 8 servings
- 14.75 oz creamed corn
- 15.25 oz. sweet corn drained
- 1 1/4 cups cornbread mix
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray casserole or 9x13 glass dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, stir creamed corn, corn, cornbread mix, butter, sour cream, heavy cream and cheese (if desired) together until well mixed and combined. Pour into prepared dish and smooth the top.
Bake 40-45 minutes or until the edges are browned and top is golden. Cool 10 minutes before digging into enjoy.
Cheesy Corn Casserole Options:
- stir in the full cup of grated cheese into the batter and bake.
- stir in half a cup of cheese into the batter and top with remaining half cup in the last 15 minutes of baking.
- omit cheese from batter and top with full cup of cheese in the last 15 minutes of baking.
Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 488mg | Potassium: 242mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 720IU | Vitamin C: 5.4mg | Calcium: 132mg | Iron: 1.1mg