For a flavorful, fresh and fast sauce for pasta or chicken, try this Pesto Recipe! Made with fresh basil, parmesan cheese, garlic, pine nuts and olive oil pesto never disappoints.
Servings 2 cups
- 4 cups fresh basil loosely packed
- 1 clove garlic peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts toasted
- 6 oz parmigiano reggiano cheese cut into chunks
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil give or take a few tablespoons
Place all ingredients, except olive oil into a blender or food processor.
Turn blender on and slowly stream in olive oil until ingredients turn into a thick paste or sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
Use as desired or spoon into an airtight container and refrigerate for up to two weeks.
Calories: 1051kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 99g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 1366mg | Potassium: 421mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3195IU | Vitamin C: 9.1mg | Calcium: 1097mg | Iron: 4.4mg