Ultimate Big City Grilled Cheese
Buttered and toasted thick artisan bread filled with four local cheeses that when melted together make the tastiest grilled cheese ever!
Servings 6 servings
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 4 oz smoked gouda cheese grated
- 4 oz jalapeno jack cheese grated
- 4 oz fontina cheese grated
- 1 loaf Sara Lee Artisano Bread 12 slices, not including the end pieces
- 6 tablespoons salted butter very soft
Grate all the cheeses. Toss them together on a cutting board or in a bowl. Set aside.
Take a loaf of Sara Lee Artesano Bread and sandwich about 2 oz. of cheese in between two slices. Butter the outsides of the bread with very soft salted butter, about 1 tablespoon of butter per sandwich.
Place sandwich in a nonstick pan over medium low heat until the bottom is brown and the cheese has started to melt. Flip the sandwich and brown the other side and the cheese is completely melted. Remove from pan, cut in half and serve.
Calories: 694kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 1213mg | Potassium: 275mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 964IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 673mg | Iron: 4mg