If you want a salad that tastes just like dessert, Ambrosia Salad is the ticket! Made with fresh pineapple, mandarin oranges, maraschino cherries, coconut, mini marshmallows and stirred together with a whipped cream dressing.
Servings 10 servings
- 4 cups fresh pineapple cut into bite-size chunks (almost a whole fresh pineapple)
- 22 oz mandarin oranges 2-11 oz. cans, well drained
- 16 oz maraschino cherries 1-16 oz. jar, well drained
- 1 cup sweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Drain and chop your fruit. Cut the pineapple into bite-sized pieces being sure to remove the core and drain the mandarins and cherries really well. Place them all into a large bowl.
Measure and add in the coconut, pecans and mini marshmallows.
For the dressing, whip the cream, sugar and vanilla together until stiff peaks form. Fold in the sour cream to the whipped cream until well mixed. Pour the whipped cream over the fruit and stir to coat completely.
Cover and refrigerate two hours or until ready to serve. Stores well in an airtight container for up to 48 hours.
Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 31mg | Potassium: 286mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 905IU | Vitamin C: 49mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 1mg