BBQ Chicken Salad (MF)
You know that CPK BBQ Chicken Salad? Well, I love that salad so much that I decided to make my own macro-friendly version. Filled with lots of yummy goodies and tossed with the Bolthouse Blue Cheese Dressing.
Servings 2 servings
- 12 oz lettuce any kinds; I used spring mix and iceberg
- 1 roma tomato diced
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 small Haas avocado diced
- 9 rice crackers I used Simple Truth Organic Multigrain Rice Crackers
- 1/4 cup Bolthouse Blue Cheese Dressing feel free to add more if you want, just add it seperately to your macros
- 6 oz grilled chicken I used the Kroger frozen chicken strips...they are surprisingly really good!
- 1/2 cup sugar free BBQ Sauce I used the G Hughes Hickory brand
Add lettuce, tomato, corn, black beans, cilantro, avocado, rice crackers and dressing into a large bowl. Toss to coat in dressing. Divide evenly between two plates.
Top each salad with 3 oz of chicken and drizzle with bbq sauce. (I like mine saucy and use a lot of bbq sauce, but feel free to use half the amount.)
If using the recommended brands, here are the more accurate macros for 1 serving (1/2 of the recipe): 340 calories, 10.1g F/36.7g C/27g P.
To reduce the fat even more in this recipe, omit the avocado. Here are the macros with the recipe as written with no avocado: 300 calories, 6.3g F/34.5g C/26.5g P.
Calories: 499kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 1109mg | Potassium: 1166mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 1620IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 4mg