This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This 15-minute creamy Balsamic Chicken is easily my favorite, most flavorful, fastest chicken dish. A definite family favorite.
Portland is in a bit of a predicament. We got snow, yo. And more is on it’s way.
My daughter is THRILLED.
We’ve lived in and around the Portland-metro area for the last 3 years and never have gotten snow. I remember one time we got a few ‘flurries’ but they were gone and melted by noon.
I used to love living in Portland because it was mild and rainy in the winter. Rain means I don’t have to shovel snow. And we all know I purposely choose to do things with as little effort as possible. #lazymom
This is why I go through parchment paper, cupcake liners and aluminum foil like crazy. So I don’t have to wash pans after I cook. Um, duh.
Also, dishes are the worst.
So, today’s dinner totally reflects my lazy attitude towards work. Even though I’m a blogger who loves food and really honestly loves to cook, I go through phases of hating my kitchen because it means I need to make dinner. I’m sure you have these phases too. Sometimes, it just feels like a CHORE and you’d rather
sleep the day away, go shopping, drop your kids off at your in-laws and go on a 14 week vacation pick up Chinese takeout.
Well, here’s a super simple dish that’s bound to fill a few tummies with a relatively healthy meal that is ready is a flash. I ate mine with steamed broccoli for a lower carb version and my family had theirs over pasta. Both are delicious and will hit your table in about 15 minutes.
Here’s how you make it:Are you ready for these ingredients. OMG, this is seriously such an easy recipe it’s bananas. What you will need is: a jar of light alfredo, some Mrs. Dash, some thyme and some balsamic vinegar.Oh and some chicken. Duh.
Also, salt and pepper, but I didn’t take a picture of those.Sooooo, what you do is sprinkle the chicken tenders with all your seasonings and brown in a non-stick pan. Pull those out, then stir in the alfredo sauce and balsamic vinegar and stir. Put the chicken back into the sauce, simmer 5-10 minutes and it’s done. All the spices from the chicken and the brown bits at the bottom of the pan flavor this ‘gravy’ or sauce so well that it hardly needs any adjusting at all. I like to make extra sauce too so I make 1 1/2 times the recipe and recommend you do the same if you’re a gravy type of person.
WHICH YOU SHOULD BE. #iheartgravy
Anyways, that’s it that’s all! Enjoy your weekend. Stay warm! xoxo
15-Minute Creamy Balsamic Chicken
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Chicken seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 15 oz light alfredo sauce 1 jar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar do not substitute any other vinegar!
- Lightly spray large, deep skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken tenders on both sides with thyme, Mrs. Dash, salt and pepper. Place into hot skillet and brown each side. Chicken does not have to be fully cooked, but probably will be.
- Remove chicken from pan. Pour in alfredo sauce and balsamic vinegar. Stir to combine, then add in chicken. Coat chicken in sauce, cover pan and reduce to medium low heat until ready to eat.
- Serve plain, over pasta, steamed veggies or rice.