This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I asked and you guys spoke! I was either going to post a pie or a chicken recipe today. I asked you all on facebook and the majority said chicken! So here is my latest recipe for a light, healthy and delicious dinner. With all these warmer temperatures in my neck of the woods, I decided to marinate and grill some chicken and serve it with a light, veggie filled pasta salad.
Next to mexican, asian flavors are my favorite. I really have a lot of favorites. Incase you haven’t figured it out, I love a lot of food. Yet another reason I have a food blog…..and why I can’t lose these last 10 pounds. Go figure.
Anyways, this is a great dinner that you can make ahead or whip up in a flash. If you have the time, let the chicken marinate as long as you can. If not, an hour or two is fine. I personally like the orzo salad cold, but it taste just fine warm or at room temperature. If you’re feeling like you’re ready for Spring, then this is a great meal for you! Make is tonight or over the weekend! Everyone in my family loved this. My daughter especially loved the Orzo. So, happy weekend and enjoy!
More Salad Recipes to Try!
- Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe
- Crunchy Thai Chicken Salad
- Another Thai Chicken Salad with Peanut Dressing
- Chinese Chop Salad
- Thai Peanut Chicken & Kale Salad
Asian Chicken Orzo Salad
for the dressing/marinade:
for the salad:
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 cup diced carrot about 2 large
- 1 red pepper diced
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 1 large handful fresh baby spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds lightly toasted
- 1 lb orzo
- 1/2 cup ramen noodles
- 6 chicken cutlets or 3 chicken breasts pounded out flat and sliced into two
- sesame seeds
- Mix all ingredients for the marinade/dressing together in a small bowl. Pour half the mixture into a large zip top bag. Place chicken pieces into marinade into bag and seal. Move chicken around in bag to coat in marinade and store in refrigerator until ready to grill.
- To make orzo salad, bring large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain completely and pour cooked orzo into large bowl. Top with onions, carrot, red pepper, spinach and celery. Pour remaining dressing over salad and toss to coat completely. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To cook chicken, heat grill to high. Place chicken onto hot grill and cover. Cook 3-5 minutes per side. Cooking times may vary according to the thickness of the meat.
- To assemble, pour orzo salad into large serving dish. Top with toasted almonds and ramen noodles. Place cooked chicken over top and sprinkle with sesame seeds.