This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Banana Bread
I love banana bread and with this recipe, I tried to reduce the fat and increase the protein as much as possible while keeping it taste like the original we all know and love. I'm so thrilled with how this recipe came out because its exactly what you want banana bread to be: moist, sweet and comforting.
- 6 tablespoons truvia
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil or canola oil
- 3/4 cup mashed banana
- 2 large egg whites or 6 tablespoons liquid egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup plain, nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk powder
- 1/4 cup collagen peptides 2 scoops if using vital proteins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside. (I used a 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.75 inch loaf pan, but any pan you have is fine! If it's larger, the baking time will be less, if it's smaller, the baking time will be more.)
- In a large bowl, stir truvia, sugar, oil, banana, egg whites, vanilla and yogurt together. Add in remaining dry ingredients and stir until just incorporated. Scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure batter is well mixed. Pour into prepared loaf pan, smooth the top and bake 45-55 minutes. (Mine was done right at 50 minutes.)
- Remove from oven, cool at least 15 minutes before removing from pan and cooling completely (or mostly cool). Slice into 12 even slices and enjoy. Store remaining banana bread in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Leftover banana bread makes great french toast!
More accurate macros for this recipe (1 slice, 1/12th of loaf): 151 calories, 5.3g P/ 24.1g C/6.1g F.
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 184mg | Potassium: 156mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 68IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mg