This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Blueberry Banana Muffins
- 6 tablespoons truvia
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil or canola oil
- 3/4 cup mashed banana
- 2 large egg whites or 6 tablespoons liquid egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup plain, nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk powder
- 1/4 cup collagen peptides 2 scoops if using vital proteins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 15 muffin cups in two tins with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir truvia, sugar, oil, banana, egg whites, vanilla and yogurt together. Add in remaining dry ingredients and stir until just incorporated. Scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure batter is well mixed. Gently fold in blueberries. Spoon into prepared muffin tins. I used a large cookie scoop which was 3 tablespoons in size.
- For the streusel, in a small bowl, mix butter, flour, oats and sugars together until moist crumbs form. Sprinkle over each muffin. Bake muffins 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool at least 10 minutes before removing from pan. Store cooled muffins in an airtight container for up to 3 days.