This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
What a crazy whirlwind of a week I have had! Last Sunday, my sister and I decided to travel home to Canada to visit our family [specifically my Grandpa–he’s ill 🙁 ] We bought our plane tickets that Sunday and left on Wednesday! Thats 3 days! Crazy! Anyways, long story short, my little one and I have been in Canada for the past week visiting, partying, and trying to get over these pesky colds we’ve had. So, we got home yesterday! I am SO SO sorry for not updating my blog! Between traveling, visiting with family, and trying to keep everyone healthy, I haven’t really had loads of time. Plus I forgot my cord that uploads my pictures from my camera to the computer. Smart.
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup grated zucchini excess water squeezed out
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk depending how runny you want the icing
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Whip butter, oil and sugars together until fluffy, 2 minutes. Mix in egg, vanilla and grated zucchini. Carefully mix in all dry ingredients until incorporated. Scoop onto greased cookie sheet and bake 7-9 minutes at 350. Delicious warm, or cooled.
For the Icing:
- Mix all ingredients together in small bowl until smooth in consistency. Decorate with red sprinkles.