This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Chicken Cordon Blue
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts get 4 thinly sliced pieces of chicken
- 4 oz Honey Ham Lunch Meat I used Oscar Meyer Deli Fresh
- 2 slices swiss cheese I used Sargento
- 4 wedges light laughing cow cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup herb bread crumbs I used Progresso
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Spread chicken breasts out onto a cutting board and cover with plastic wrap or parchment paper. Pound chicken out to be slightly thinner and larger. Remove plastic wrap and discard.
- Add 1 oz of ham, 1/2 slice of swiss cheese and 1 laughing cow wedge to each chicken breast. Roll tightly and secure with toothpicks. Set aside.
- Add egg whites and milk to a shallow plate or bowl and add breadcrumbs to another. Add salt and pepper to both. Whisk egg whites and milk together.
- Dip each rolled chicken breast into egg whites and then into breadcrumbs to coat.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook chicken cordon blue to brown on all sides. If you notice the pan or the chicken is getting too dry, spray the breadcrumbs on the exterior of the chicken to help brown.
- Transfer chicken to a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees or until chicken is fully cooked and registers 165 degrees F. Remove toothpicks and serve.