This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Chili Dog Chili
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup zucchini chopped
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef 96/4
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon mild chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup pinto beans
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 6 hot dogs, cut into pieces I used Hebrew National 97% fat free
- 14.5 oz petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup salsa I used Pace Mild
- 6 hot dog buns
- 3 oz cheddar cheese grated
- fresh cilantro optional
- Spray a large, nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and set over medium heat. Add in onion, zucchini and ground beef with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking apart beef as you go until its fully cooked and onions and zucchini are tender.
- Add in cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika and tomato paste. Stir tomato paste and spices in and cook. Add in beans, corn, hot dogs, tomatoes and salsa. Simmer 10-15 minutes. If you notice the chili start to be too thick, add in a little extra salsa.
- Divide into 6 portions and serve in hot dog bun (not all of the chili will fit into a regular size hot dog bun), top with 1/2 oz cheddar cheese and top with cilantro.