This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Swirly Cinnamon Bread recipe is a cakey bread, baked until perfection and then dipped into butter and coated with cinnamon sugar!
Hold onto your hats friends, I’ve got another *fat pants* Swirly Cinnamon Bread recipe for you, and this one is RIDICULOUS. I’m so so excited to be sharing this recipe with you today because it is so amazingly good!
A sweet cinnamon swirled cake, baked until perfectly moist and then dipped into melted butter and coated with cinnamon and sugar!! If that doesn’t make you excited for dessert, then I don’t know what will.
You have my friend Machel to blame. Last week, she employed me to create a clone to a very very similar item found at her grocery store a few weeks prior. I’m not one to back down from a challenge, so of course I gladly accepted and a few days later here she blows.
This is a pretty simple loaf to make, you just need to be prepared to get a little messy whilst dipping the whole loaf into melted butter…and then cinnamon and sugar.
Also be prepared to
go to the gym right after consuming gain weight with this one, folks. But, if ever there was a recipe worth the weight gained, this would be it.
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”WPWsFiK5″ upload-date=”2017-12-05T21:47:38.000Z” name=”Cinnamon Swirl Donut Bread” description=”Cinnamon Swirl Donut Bread Recipe…A sweet cakey loaf with a delicious cinnamon swirl baked until perfection and then dipped into lots of butter and coated with cinnamon and sugar!”]
Here are a few photos I snapped in the process; printable recipe below!
Have a wonderful weekend! xo
More sweet cinnamon recipes to try!
- Cinnamon Butterscotch Chip Cookie Recipe
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- The Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- Buttery Monkey Bread Recipe
Cinnamon Swirl Donut Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease light colored loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix oil, butter and sugar until well combined. Stir in eggs and vanilla until smooth. Gently stir in dry ingredients and buttermilk until uniform batter has formed. Scrape sides to ensure no lumps are present. Remove 1/2 cup prepared batter from bowl and place into a separate smaller bowl. To that small amount of batter, stir in cinnamon and molasses.
- Pour half of the prepared batter into the bottom of the loaf pan. Spoon half of the cinnamon batter in small dollops overtop the batter. Pour remaining plain batter over the top. Dot the top with remaining cinnamon batter. Using a butter knife, swirl two batters together. Bake 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- While loaf is baking, get coating ready. Pour melted butter into a large shallow dish. Stir sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon together in a separate large shallow dish.
- Cool 10 minutes before loosening edges and removing loaf from pan. The loaf should be very warm, but cool enough to handle with your hands.
- Dip each side of loaf into melted butter until fully coated. Spoon remaining melted butter over the edges that tend to be more crispy. Transfer buttery loaf to the cinnamon-sugar mixture and press into the sides and top until fully coated.
- Slice into pieces and serve warm or at room temperature.