This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I just became obsessed with this new pasta dinner. It is ridiculous how good it is.
Like, totally worth the calories and extra pant sizes.
I’ve been hoarding the minimal leftovers I had from this meal for days, only taking out a small amount for lunch and threatening anyone who tries to touch the tupperware container it is stored in.
I feel strongly about this pasta.
Not all pasta makes the cut at my house, but this recipe? OMG so so so good. My kids’ faces were covered in this sauce which usually never happens because they are not saucy pasta folk…..normally. But this recipe they tried. And this recipe they loved. So, I’ll take that as a win in my book.
If you like roasted red peppers, Italian sausage, cream and/or pasta and happen to have 30 minutes to spare, then you’re in for a treat! You will die of happiness because heaven knows that’s exactly what happened with me.
Printable recipe below. Have a great weekend!
Creamy Sausage & Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- 1 lb bucatini pasta
- 2 sweet Italian Sausage links
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 large cloves garlic finely minced
- 5 oz golden oak shiitake mushrooms sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 16 oz roasted red peppers 1 jar, drained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 10 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Salt it well and cook bucatini until al dente. Drain well and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, remove sausage from casings and start cooking in a large, deep skillet over medium heat with onions. As meat cooks, break it apart in small pieces.
- Once onion is tender, add in garlic and mushrooms and cook 2 minutes. Sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste.
- Measure out cream and add to blender along with drained roasted red peppers. Blend about 20 seconds or until most of the red peppers have been pureed into the cream. I left mine slightly chunky.
- Pour this mixture over the cooked meat and onions and bring to a gentle simmer then reduce the heat down to low. Toss with pasta, basil leaves and cheese until well coated. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve immediately.