This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
If you like roasted red peppers, Italian sausage, cream, and pasta, you will love this 30-minute Roasted Red Pepper Italian Sausage Pasta dinner.
I just became obsessed with this new pasta dinner. It is ridiculous how good it is.
Like, totally worth the calories and extra pant sizes.
I’ve been hoarding the minimal leftovers I had from this meal for days, only taking out a small amount for lunch and threatening anyone who tries to touch the tupperware container it is stored in.
I feel strongly about this pasta.
Not all pasta makes the cut at my house, but this recipe? OMG so so so good. My kids’ faces were covered in this sauce which usually never happens because they are not saucy pasta folk…..normally. But this recipe they tried. And this recipe they loved. So, I’ll take that as a win in my book.
If you like roasted red peppers, Italian sausage, cream and/or pasta and happen to have 30 minutes to spare, then you’re in for a treat! You will die of happiness because heaven knows that’s exactly what happened with me.
Printable recipe below. Have a great weekend!
Roasted Red Pepper Italian Sausage Pasta
- 1 lb bucatini pasta
- 2 sweet Italian Sausage links
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 large cloves garlic finely minced
- 5 oz golden oak shiitake mushrooms sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 16 oz roasted red peppers 1 jar, drained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 10 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Salt it well and cook bucatini until al dente. Drain well and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, remove sausage from casings and start cooking in a large, deep skillet over medium heat with onions. As meat cooks, break it apart in small pieces.
- Once onion is tender, add in garlic and mushrooms and cook 2 minutes. Sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste.
- Measure out cream and add to blender along with drained roasted red peppers. Blend about 20 seconds or until most of the red peppers have been pureed into the cream. I left mine slightly chunky.
- Pour this mixture over the cooked meat and onions and bring to a gentle simmer then reduce the heat down to low. Toss with pasta, basil leaves and cheese until well coated. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve immediately.
Not a leftover in sight! Made this for my vegetarian husband and friend (vegetarian sausage) and they licked the bowl clean. So delicious. Definitely on my rotation of meals!!!
I have made this before but never with cream or mushrooms. I do have basil alfredo sauce could that be a good substitute?
My family and I enjoyed this recipe! It was delicious, easy to make and I had leftovers for lunch the next day! Will definitely keep this recipe in my kitchen! Thank you, Lauren!
This is on the menu for tomorrow nights dinner. I can’t wait! Thank you for the recipe!
I’ve made this at least 5 times. So good, and so easy, but fancy enough for company!
I’ve made this a couple times and it’s delicious!!! Thanks for the great recipe.
ONe of my faves. We swap in coconut milk and vegan parm for it allergiEs and it’s awesome.
[…] I realize that this recipe can only apply to those people who want to do the 24-Day Challenge. If you have no interest, feel free to navigate over to this recipe. OR this recipe. Or this recipe. […]
Made this last week and the whole family LOVED it! Delicious!
Nom nom! This is totally going on my meal plan ASAP!
This looks great! I can’t wait to try it!
This dish is so So GOOD!!! The cream is so comforty, but this would still taste yummy if you had to leave it out.
My dad lives alone and is 83. Since my mom passed he doesn’t cook much. For Christmas this year I’m making him frozen meals that he can just heat in the oven and have a home cooked meal more often. Today, I’m making your Sausage and Roasted Red Pepper Pasta. It will remind him of a dish my mom used to make. I’m excited to get started.
This dish would be my ultimate comfort food. Mmmm! I really want to try it!
This would be my ultimate comfort food. Mmmm! I really want to try this!
Uhm, guess what? Red peppers in adobo sauce do NOT work! All our store had, so I drained and lightly rinsed. So spicy we couldn’t eat it even after another cup of cream and large can of tomatoes!
Made this for dinner tonight. So delicious! My husband kept saying how good the sauce was and he’s picky when it comes to sauce. Can’t wait to eat the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
Love this!! Thanks so much for leaving a comment!
I love this, I love the combo of roasted red peppers and sausage (especially on pizza). I will definitely have to give this a try/
Looks delicious and sounds so simple! Will definitely need to try! Thanks for another great recipe! 🙂
That pasta!! I’m drooling just looking at it while I sip my coffee. What a money shot! Making this ASAP!
That does sound good. I will try it out this week!